Friday 18 October 2013

I am back!

I have been away from blogging for almost a year. The reason is simple - I have been focusing on a year-long non-gaming project*. That project has finally come to an end, more or less, and I can from now on start playing games again! :-)

During this year, I have played very little (physical) tabletop games. I have played games on my iPad, but it's not the same, really. I have very much missed the feeling of physical components and real/live opponents.

So, what are my geek plans for the near future? Well, I have some projects and wishes/dreams that I would like to dig into, and they are (in no particular order):
  • Play my (tabletop) solitaire games. I have several good ones that deserves much more play. I wrote about them here.
  • Continue the Memoir '44 campaign that I'm running with a friend.
  • Try the Fiasco role-playing game. Have bought the pdf, but not yet tried it out. Seems like a sweet game though.
  • Complete my home cockpit**. I'm building a very simple cockpit for the X-Plane 10 flight simulation software.
  • Complete my (musical) recording studio (a very simple one). Not much to complete really, just a matter of putting back the gear (guitars, computer, monitors, keyboard, microphones, digital drum-kit etc) into my newly painted/renovated studio/room.
  • Start my own webcomic! I will cover this more in my next post, but basically, it will be a webcomic (drawn/painted by me) with a story driven by Rory's Story Cubes, or other random elements.
  • Buy Ganesha Games' new fantasy skirmish game called BattleSworn. Read some good stuff about it around the blog world and would like to try it out. Will probably use Lego minifigs for that.
  • And more... (but the above items are the top-prio things)

* Will probably cover that project with a post here a bit later. That project is also a bit geeky by its nature, although it has nothing to do with gaming.

** Okay, what is a "home cockpit"? I could be something like the below photos (which show my home cockpit under construction). So, it is, in this very simple form, a frame in which I will mount panels and a yoke. The panels are used for interacting with the flight simulation software, and to some extent also show data (like radio frequencies, auto-pilot settings etc).



2 comments:

  1. I've Been thinking about BattleSworn myself, it seems like a great mechanics, but so solo unfriendly that I finally decided not to purchase the rules.
    If you ever find a way to play this solo, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was bad news... :-( I was very much hoping to both play this ruleset with friends and solo. It seems to be great using great and innovative mechanics, as you say.

    ReplyDelete